Baker Street Area Guide
Baker Street Area
For those wishing to be in the bustling heart of London, Hampstead Apartments offer a number of rental apartments in Baker Street, in the Bloomsbury or Marylebone area. Baker Street is just an 8 minute walk north of the shopping area of Oxford Street and just below Regent’s Park.
The area comprises a number of 18th century garden squares surrounded by Georgian townhouses of grand proportion. These sit alongside and sometimes contain a number of London University departments and medical institutions.
Baker Street, home to the Sherlock Holmes museum is a 5 minute walk. An 8 minute walk brings you to the world famous Madame Tussauds while another minute lands you in the serenity and Georgian grandeur of Regent’s Park.
Bloomsbury is a good location to rent an apartment in London. While it is a stone’s throw from London’s West End and the myriad shops and entertainment on offer, because it has so many large institutions and offices, by night it is just a little more peaceful than some of the more dense residential neighbourhoods which allows you to escape the frenetic pace.
That said, London is right at your doorstep.
Baker Street Ideas
- Planes, Trains & AutomobilesWhen you rent an apartment from us, you will be excellently positioned within a few minutes walk from London’s efficient transport network. Public Transport To travel on London’s transport, you can now use debit cards. However, foreign [Click Image for More]
- Chinese foodOne of the first arrivals on the food scene after fish and chips in Britain was Chinese food and the British have been happily wrestling with chopsticks ever since. While the use of “town” is perhaps rather overstating the small area [Click Image for More]
- Fish and Chips!Definitely not haute cuisine but if you are going to be staying in England, your visit will not be complete without experiencing fish and chips at least once. In the days of old (around 50 years ago!) Britain was not known for its great food. The [Click Image for More]
- The Sherlock Holmes MuseumThe museum receives mixed reviews on Tripadvisor because of long waits and even one traveller who thought it was tiny (strangely for those of us that live in London). However, if you regularly intersperse your words with “Dr Watson I [Click Image for More]
- Hyde ParkHyde Park is about an 8 minute walk from our Baker Street apartments. It is a vast urban oasis with thousands of trees, a large lake, purpose built sporting facilities and one of the prettiest Police stations in the country. As with most London [Click Image for More]
- Regent’s ParkA short walk from our Baker Street apartments or short tube journey from our Hampstead apartments this Royal Park is a treasure. It was originally part of Henry VIII’s hunting grounds and was destined to contain a summer residence designed by [Click Image for More]
- Madame TussaudsWhose social media feed couldn’t do with freshening up with a selfie of you and James Bond or the Queen? Madame Tussauds has moved with the times and now incorporates various experiences outside of just standing next to your favourite monarch, [Click Image for More]